Typography Pattern Design: From Sketch to Portfolio Ready Piece with Maria Vashchuk — SkillShare — Free download
Ever wondered how to create expressive and unique patterns? Join this class to learn how to create your very own pattern design out of typography!
In this class, you will learn:
- How to use/develop your hand lettering (typography) skills to create a surface pattern design that will enrich your portfolio and open doors to new exciting projects;
- How to create a pattern repeat from scratch on the example of typography patterns;
- How to sketch a typography piece suitable for pattern design.
By the end of the class, you will have:
- A broadened understanding of the application of typography patterns to different pattern design markets (products);
- Discovered a fast and efficient way to digitize pattern elements in Adobe Illustrator;
- Found out about the specifics of using typography in pattern design (allover repeats);
- The instruments to create a portfolio ready typography pattern piece.
The class will be interesting both for beginners and students with prior experience in surface pattern design, hand lettering/typography artists, and graphic designers, illustrators, and pattern designers.
The skills learned in this class could be applied by surface pattern designers to enrich the portfolio, discover new ways to use typography patterns on a variety of potential products. For hand lettering/typography artists, the course may open the window to surface pattern design.
Skills learned in this course may help you to make your portfolio of pattern designs/illustrations stand out; show the ways where typography patterns may be applied in product development; may drive interest to pattern design of the group of artists who were previously not considering projects that included pattern design (hand lettering and typography artists).
For this course, you will need simple drawing tools (pencil, ink pen, ink, paper, etc.), a phone camera or photo camera (quality of the camera doesn’t matter), and Adobe Illustrator.
Course content: https://skl.sh/3jmPe3I