Typographic Pattern Design in Procreate by Molly Suber Thorpe — SkillShare — Free download
Did you know you can make seamless, repeating patterns in Procreate? I’ll show you how!
With this start-to-finish tutorial, you will create a high-resolution pattern swatch, then turn it into a seamless, repeating pattern. I’ll be demonstrating the technique using a simple, hand-lettered design, but you can follow along with any illustration style – it doesn’t have to be typographic!
I’ll show you three methods for exporting your finished swatch as a seamless, repeating pattern. By the end of class, you will have:
- a Procreate pattern brush, so you can draw your pattern on any canvas size, at any scale, then export your design for print;
- an industry-standard pattern fill swatch in Adobe Photoshop and the skills to apply it to a product mockup;
- a vectorized fill swatch in Adobe Illustrator, for a repeating pattern that is easily recolorable and scalable.
With your finished pattern, you’ll be able to:
- apply it to physical products,
- turn it into Procreate pattern brush, or
- sell it as a downloadable asset.
A basic working knowledge of Procreate is required, but no prior experience with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator is needed. If you don’t have Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, you can get a 7-day Adobe free trial.
➤ Tools & Apps Used:
- Calligraphy Nibs Procreate Brush Pack
- Procreate App
- Touch screen glove
- Magnetic iPad Smart Case
- Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator (Free Trial)
➤ Product mockup files you can get for Photoshop (not required):
- Creative Market
- Design Cuts
- Custom Scene
➤ Share your work!
Tag me in your projects on Instagram: @mollysuberthorpe. I’d love to see your work!
Course content: https://www.skillshare.com/classes/Typographic-Pattern-Design-in-Procreate/1439825667