Textured Toast: Dramatic Side-Lit Photography | File Size 1.1 GB| Free download
This class is all about shaping window light to highlight the texture and contrast in your flat lay photos. We’ll be utilizing Raking Light and I’ll show you a few techniques for added drama and punch. Gone are the days of lifeless “blah” flat lays!
We will be planning, staging, styling, and photographing gourmet toasts for the class project.
By the end of this class you’ll be able to:
- Utilize inexpensive light modifiers to control the natural light in your home
- Avoid common compositional hang-ups and crop with intention
- Develop a plan before shooting day to save you time and trouble if something goes awry
- Hone your eye for reading light in an image
- Make better decisions about optimizing your image size for its final destination
This class is for Intermediate-level photographers with a good understanding of Manual mode and how to achieve properly-exposed images. Ideally you’re working with a DSLR or Mirrorless camera, however, the lighting and compositional techniques will apply even if you’re using a smart phone (I use my iPhone in part of the lighting lesson!)
Course content: https://skl.sh/2CA19I3