Textural Floral Pattern Design with Delores Naskrent — SkillShare — Free download
The Adobe Suite of graphic illustration programs is an indispensable tool for surface pattern designers to translate their vision into a striking design and a printable, repeating pattern. However, even with the power of Photoshop, creating a pattern often meant repetitive steps and careful calculations which could be time-consuming, and could cripple the creative impulse. In the past, the designer had to work on the foundational tile and the overall pattern, simultaneously paying close attention to both. Yeesh! Changes to colors and shapes in the foundational tile had to be precisely reciprocated to each assemblage in the full pattern. A late change once meant starting from scratch. But not any more!
You will be guided step-by-step through the process of producing a textural repeating pattern design, from initial brush creation and composition of the design in Illustrator to adding textural elements using masking techniques in Photoshop. Please Note: The Adobe Textile Designer Plugin has been de-commisioned by Adobe, so you will be unable to download it for free as earlier stated (by joining the beta program). I am unable to pull this class. Most of the class is perfectly fine to learn from, you will just be unable to use the Adobe Textile Designer (ATD) to create the repeat pattern layout. Finally, you will be guided through applying your lovely new pattern to mockups. You will use the Adobe programs Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and will get a wealth of helpful tips along the way!
The beauty of this course is you can pick JUST the lessons you need, so you can skip concepts you have learned previously. In this class we will go through specific concepts in 10 lessons that cover:
- Using calligraphy brushes in Illustrator for creating both art and scatter brushes.
- Creating a pattern tile in Illustrator and ensuring the repeat works.
- Using puppet warp to alter the shape of a flower
- Using Photoshop group masks to assist in applying texture, the easy way!
- Working with mockups in Adobe Photoshop.
You will get the bonus of…
- over 60 minutes of direction from an instructor who has been in the graphic design business for over 30 years
- Photoshop importable Actions to speed up your workflow.
- A FREE brush set to play with in creating your first pattern in Illustrator.
- A project sheet with step-by-step written instructions to create your first textured pattern successfully.
- a list of helpful online sites to further your education into surface pattern design.
Upon conclusion of my class, I encourage you to create this project and try out my methods. Feel free to participate in the free guidance I offer while sharing in the projects section. Get involved in the process and benefit from the constructive advice and support of fellow artists! Whether you are new to surface pattern design or an accomplished master, the Adobe Textile Designer is another “must-have know-how”. So, let’s get the ball rolling! Start the Textural Floral Pattern Design class NOW!
Course Content: https://www.skillshare.com/classes/Textural-Floral-Pattern-Design/1258204388