Karl Taylor – Stunning Soft and Contoured Lighting | File Size 277.6 MB| Free download
Creating soft, flattering lighting for portrait photography couldn’t be easier. In this portrait photography class Karl uses a two light setup to create a beautiful contoured lighting effect.
- How to use softboxes for portrait photography
- Learn how to create soft light using studio lights
- Two light setup ideas for portrait photography
- How to use reflectors to create additional fill light and control shadows
- Learn to control light in a small studio
I used two large softboxes for this shoot, knowing I wanted to create a soft, flattering lighting. Although softboxes are renowned for producing soft lighting, this only works when they’re used in the correct position.
I started by placing a softbox either side of my model, angled inwards. Placing them in such a way allowed me not only to control the contouring on the model’s face, but also the amount of light that spilled onto the background.
If you’re looking for more softbox lighting setup ideas, I’ve put together a collection of our most viewed classes:
- Soft single light
- Contoured single soft light
- Enchanting two light result
If you have any questions about the class, please post in the comment section below.
Note: This photography class is available with English subtitles.
Course content: https://www.karltayloreducation.com/class/studio-lighting-setups-portraits-two-light-30/