Start to Finish Matt Ross-Spang – Episode 3 – Tracking Just As Long As You Want Me — PUREMIX — Free download
Now that the band is warmed up and the song is rehearsed, Eli “Paperboy” Reed, The Hodges Brothers, The Masqueraders, and Ken Coomer head back into the live room and record the final takes and overdubs for “Anytime You Want Me”.
In this episode, you’ll watch as Matt and the band:
- Lay down the final take with the entire group playing in the legendary live room at Sam Phillips Recording
- Turn up the intensity of the performance
- Explain the tape workflow at Sam Phillips Recording
- Edits different takes together for a perfect composite to build off of
- Grabs a few special moments from different takes to add to the composite
- Records B3 overdubs with Charles Hodges
- Records the “Hillbilly Bongo” and percussion overdubs with Ken Coomer
Join Matt Ross-Spang, Eli “Paperboy” Reed, The Hodges Brothers, Ken Coomer, and The Masqueraders inside the legendary Sam Phillips Recording in Memphis, TN for an incredible recording event, from Start To Finish.
Course content: https://www.puremix.net/video/start-to-finish-matt-ross-spang-episode-3-tracking-song-1.html