Matt Ross-Spang Episode 2 Working On The Arrangement — PUREMIX — Free download
Time to start laying down some takes!
With the sounds dialed in for all of the players, it’s time to start laying down some takes for the first song.
In this episode, you’ll watch as Matt and the band:
- Work out the song structure for the first song, creating interesting suprises throughout the track.
- Compare a few different RCA 77 microphones on Eli “Paperboy” Reed, showing how microphones this special can sound different, even though they are the same model.
- Work to get the perfect blend on the Masqueraders with just one microphone
- Adjust the snare microphone for the perfect tone, instead of resorting to eq
- Discusses microphone placement on Eli’s vocal mic
- Dials in a Fairchild 670 on the lead vocal and background vocal mics
- Explain the importance of always being in record
- Work out the tempo and feel of the song
- Tune the snare to get the perfect amount of thump
- Blend in the gorgeous sounding reverb chambers at Sam Phillips Recording
- Listen back to the takes in the control and create a plan for overdubs
Join Matt Ross-Spang, Eli “Paperboy” Reed, The Hodges Brothers, Ken Coomer, and The Masqueraders inside the legendary Sam Phillips Recording in Memphis, TN for an incredible recording event, from Start To Finish.
Course content: https://www.puremix.net/video/start-to-finish-matt-ross-spang-episode-2-working-on-the-arrangement.html