Start to Finish Vance Powell Episode 11 Mixing Part 2 — pureMix — Free download
The gear is patched, the tracks are ready to go, and it is time to continue on with the mix!
In the second episode of mixing “Sweet Beast” from “Illiterate Light”, Vance uses his signature techniques to continue dialing in the sound.
Watch as Vance:
- Uses the B.A.S.E. to expand the width of the chorus guitars
- Uses a combination of the B.A.S.E and an Eventide H3000 on the vocal “Super Double”
- Adds a DBX 500 Subharmonic Synthesizer to the Sub Guitar Solo
- Auditions several rotary speaker plugins and the dials in the winner on the lead vocal
- Automates the speed of the rotary speaker for each section of the song
- Uses an H910 to add width to the vocal
- Adds multiple delay processors to the vocals to create movement and spread
- Creates a pseudo doubled vocal using AutoTune and ADT
- Sets up for automation passes on his SSL
Next week will bring the final episode from Sputnik Sound, where Vance will finish the mix, and print to his ATR 102 Tape Machine.
Course content: https://www.puremix.net/video/start-to-finish-vance-powell-episode-11-mixing-part-2.html