Matt Ross-Spang Episode 10 Thats Love Piano and Vocal Overdubs-SYNTHiC4TE — pureMix — Free download
Moving on to “That’s Love,” Matt Ross-Spang and Eli “Paperboy” Reed work out piano and vocal overdubs.
In this episode, Matt and Eli cut piano overdubs, lead and background vocals, and discuss topics like overloading preamps, changing microphones for different parts, etc.
See how Matt Ross-Spang:
- Shows us the built-in pair of U87s on the piano at Sam Phillips Recording
- Mics the piano with a single RCA 77-DX through a Fairchild 660
- Explains when and why he overloads mic preamps
- Overdubs piano
- Re-records the lead vocal
- Describes pushing the limits on gain structure
- Discuss their strategy for doubling tracks
- Runs down his signal flow for printing the rough mix and monitoring
- A/Bs the board mix versus the sound of the BURL converters and playback from Pro Tools
Course content: https://www.puremix.net/video/start-to-finish-matt-ross-spang-episode-10-thats-love-piano-vocal-overdubs.html