Kalr Taylor – Live Workshop – broncolor ‘How-To’ with Urs Recher | File Size 3.8 GB| Free download
In this informative special edition live photography workshop, Karl is joined by broncolor’s Urs Recher and together they explain and demonstrate key lighting principles for effective portrait photography.
In the first half of the show Urs goes into detail about the science and theory of lighting, explaining concepts such as the inverse square law, the angle of incidence and the effects of various modifiers. He also demonstrates how to get the very best results from softboxes. Karl then proceeds to explain and demonstrate the effect of a number of more specialist modifiers before putting them to use to create a moody portrait image. Using precise control, he shows, step-by-step, how to balance multiple lights and how to use pockets of light for a striking final result.
This information packed show is a must-watch for anyone wanting to better understand the theory of light and see just how it can elevate your photography.
In this live photography workshop we cover the following:
- The theory of light
- The interaction between skin and light
- Hard vs soft light
- Lighting modifiers and their effects
- Softboxes – How to use them for different effects
- Inverse square law
- The angle of incidence and its effect
- How matte and gloss surfaces react to light
- Photographing using multiple lights
- How to photograph people with glasses
- Combining modeling lights and flash
Course content: https://www.karltayloreducation.com/class/live-broncolor-how-to-with-karl-taylor-urs-recher/