How to Use Lighting Design to Transform your Home with Erikka Fogleman — SkillShare — Free download
Have you ever wondered how much light a room really needs?
Have you struggled with determining the right size light fixtures for the various spaces in your home?
Have you ever wondered how interior designers make a room look so much more dramatic through the use of lighting?
If you’ve ever asked yourself any of these questions, then I encourage you to check out this class! “Lighting Design to Transform your home” is a course focused exclusively on residential lighting design. More specifically, in this class we will cover the following main topics:
- 3 great lighting tricks!
- Why is lighting so important?
- How to calculate the correct lumens for your rooms, including rooms with high ceilings or dark walls
- How to effectively use and control both artificial and natural light in your home
- How to use 3 layers of light to elevate your lighting design
- How to choose the right type of light fixtures based on the function of your room
- How to choose the right size light fixtures
- How to install your light fixtures appropriately in your home
- How to hide unsightly table and floor lamp cords
- Use lighting to alter the intensity of colors in your room
- Use lighting to make your room appear larger or smaller than it is
- Use lighting to create a focal point in your room
This is a great course for all levels of individuals who are interested in learning more about how to effectively build their own residential lighting plan. This could also be a great class for interior design students or professionals who are new to the field.
Join me for an adventure into the world of lighting design!
- If you are interested in taking most or all of my courses, I have a recommended order in which to watch them (although it’s certainly not required). I would start with “How to Design a Room in 10 Easy Steps” because most of my other courses are in-depth classes of the concepts touched on in this 10 step class. Following the 10 Step Course, I suggest moving on to “How to Use Color Like a Pro”, followed by “How to Work with Interior Design Styles Like a Pro”, then “How to Use Lighting Design to Transform your Home”, and finally “Design is in the Details”. My other courses, “How to Use Minimalist Interior Design to Live your Best Life”, “Use Eco-friendly, Sustainable Design to Improve Your Life”, and “How to Design Your Dream Kitchen” are all stand alone classes on specialty topics within interior design, and therefore, can be taken in any order.
- Please be aware that this course, or any of my courses, is not intended to provide all of the knowledge needed to become a professional interior designer. As with any professional field, there is a significant amount of education and/or experience that is needed to achieve competency in this field. My intention with these courses is to provide some solid foundational knowledge to assist either those individuals interested in “DIY” interior design to work on their own projects more effectively, or to provide supplemental education to both interior design students and professionals.
|Filename:||How to Use Lighting Design to Transform your Home!.zip (download)|
Course content: https://www.skillshare.com/classes/How-to-Use-Lighting-Design-to-Transform-your-Home/900599803