Create a 3D Moon & Nebula with Chris Heath — SkillShare — Free download
From a scanned pancake surface, create your very own 3D moon; and learn how to paint a nebula to show off your uniquely cratered moon.
This class covers a range of easy to master skills, from cooking, to 3D rendering, to digital painting.
Part 1 – The Pancake Moon
In Part 1 of the class, you will learn how to:
- make pancakes in your kitchen
- using Affinity Photo, make equi-rectangular projection texture and bump maps out of the pancake’s cratered surface
- using Cheetah 3D, wrap the texture and bump maps around a sphere, and
- render your pancake moon.
Note: Cheetah 3D is Mac-only software. For Window’s users, you may find similar 3D apps that you can use. If you can’t, I have supplied some moon renders that you can use for Part 2 below.
Part 2 – Painting a Starry Nebula
With Affinity Photo, you will learn how to:
- use shapes to create stars and simple lens flares
- use the standard set of Affinity Photo brushes to paint star fields and a nebula
- composite your moon with your starry nebula, and
- fine tune the lighting of your moon.
Course Content: https://www.skillshare.com/classes/Create-a-3D-Moon-Nebula/932914117