Karl Taylor Education – Clinique Style Advertising Shoot: Planning & Lighting | File Size 577.2 MB| Free download
For this particular product photography class Karl replicates a Clinique-style advertising shot and demonstrates the process of working to a brief. Guided by the brand’s fresh, clean style, Karl explains how to light and style a high-end advertising image. You’ll be able to watch, step-by-step, as Karl shares his shooting process and reveals some top tips for effective product photography.
In this first part of the shoot Karl outlines the challenges he expects to face throughout the shoot and starts work on his lighting setup, focusing initially on achieving the clean white background typical of Clinique advertising images and perfecting the gradient lighting on the silver caps of the bottles.
- Creating a Clinique style advertising image
- Getting a white background and base surface
- Graduated lighting on the silver caps with black edges
- Backlighting through the bottles with high contrast on the edges
- Using mood boards and reference pictures
- Carefully controlled background lighting
- Using scrims to create gradient lighting
- Reflectors and flags to add highlights and contrast
The apparent simplicity of Clinique’s clean, fresh advertising images are greatly misleading and I knew there would be a number of challenges to overcome throughout this shoot.
Before I started the shoot I collected a number of Clinique advertising images that I could refer to as these would guide me in my lighting and composition.
|Filename:||01-Clinique Style Advertising Shoot Planning & Lighting (Part 1).to… (download)|
Course content: https://www.karltayloreducation.com/class/clinique-style-advertising-photography-2/
|Filename:||01-Clinique Style Advertising Shoot Planning & Lighting (Part 1).zip (download)|